Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Taking composting a step further

Remember Soylent Green, the movie with Charleston Heston where he discovers this super food soylent green is based on human remains ? Here is a poem by Lee Hays which sort of has a similar idea.Wonder how my neighbors will react to corpses in my compost pile .

In Dead Earnest

If I should die before I wake
All my bone and sinew take
Put them in the compost pile
To decompose a little while
Sun, rain and worms will have their way
Reducing me to common clay
All that I am will feed the trees
And little fishes in the seas
When corn and radishes you munch
You may be having me for lunch
Then excrete me with a grin
Chortling, There goes Lee again
'Twill be my happiest destiny
To die and live eternally

Lee Hays, 1981

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home